5 Signs You May Need a New Roof
Do you need a new roof? With the amount of rain that has fallen on the nation recently many home and business owners have been faced with both flood and roof damage.
1. Age of the Roof: Most experts agree that a typical roof will last between 20 and 25 years. However, heavy winds, rain, and hail can cause damage that could lessen the life span of your roof.
2. Roof Valleys: If your roof shingles are falling apart or missing in this area, it’s a definite sign you need a new roof. Valleys are one of the most important areas of your roof. Snow and rain flow through valleys and into gutters. If the valley is compromised, you could be susceptible to roof leaks.
3. Shingles Curling and Buckling: Shingles that are curled or buckling are another sign that you may need a new roof. Look at the slopes of your home that get direct sunlight and if you notice the shingles are curling and losing granules, it could mean the shingles are past their life expectancy.
4. Missing Shingles: Check to see if all of the shingle “tabs” are intact.
5. Shingle Granules in the Gutters: Check your gutters to see whether they are loaded up with shingle granules. Roofs tend to lose more granules toward the end of their life cycle. Inconsistent or darker color on some parts of the roof is another sign the granules have worn away.
If you know it’s time for a new roof, contact your local Arrowhead Building Supply team for expert advice at a nice price.
Image already added